Student Welfare Schemes
Conditions to seek concessions / Scholarship
Desirous and eligible students should apply for the concession /scholarship in prescribed from along with the necessary document within prescribed time period i.e. generally 31st july of every year.
For renewal of concession /scholarship desirous and eligible students have to submit fresh application from.
- In case if refundable fees and other fees, if the fees are not reimbursed from the Govt, the students will have to pay it to the college.
- If students resides in a recognized hostel ,he/she should submit the hostel warden s certificate.
- The students migrating from other colleges are required to submit his/her earlier scholarship sanction order number along with his /her application from.
- The income limit is below Rs1,00,000for all categories .Whereas for EBC concession income limit is below Rs 15,000/-
- The income certificate of parents should be obtained from the competent authority, as per condition.
- If parents are not alive, students have to produce the relevant death certificate from the competent authority.
- There should not be variation between the caste mentioned in the application from and that mentioned in T.C.
- Students working full –time do not qualify for scholarship.
- Married female student must submit her husbands income certificate for scholarship purpose.
- Only two children from one family qualify for scholarships
- All the scholarship holder students must remain present regular fir lectures/practical /N.S.S. parade /Physical education classes.
- Students having attendance less than75% will not qualify fir the scholarship as per G.R.
- Students should refer the notice board from time to time for all the information about scholarships.
- All the students qualifying for scholarship shall have to open an account in the bank mentioned by the college authority.
- Students getting scholarship from other district and taking admission in the college for further education shall have to submit the “Change of District” certificate issued by the Social Welfare Officer.
- Students with a break in studies should submit a gap certificatory of and affidavit stating the reason for the gap.
- Concession /scholarship are based on satisfactory progress attendants’ participation in various college activities and conduct of scholar/student. if he/she failed to show these characteristics , the authority may cancel, stop or withhold the further payments of scholarships.
A. Fee Concession
Needy and deserving students of the college will get different fees concessions and other educational facilities under various Govt. Scheme.
Those whose parents annual income are less than Rs15000during the proceeding financial year and are Economically Backward class students will get fees concession. Their fees are reimbursed by the state Government Such students shall apply in the prescribed from (to be obtained from the office).
Concession to the children wives and widows of defense personnel;
A students whose father is serving is serving in the Armed Forces (or has retired from Defense Service)is eligible for free studentship on submission of the eligibility certificate from the District Soldiers and ,sailors and Airmen Board concerned.
Concession to the children to Teaching and Non-teaching Staff;
A students whose father is serving as a teacher or as a non-teaching staff of primary /middle /secondary/higher secondary schools will be given fees concession as per the Govt. Rules.
Concession to the girl students up to 12th standard;
The girl students of 11&12 std .are exempted from the payment of tuition fee, term fee and admission fee as per G.R.
Note;-For any difficulties and detailed information students should contact in the office .Backward class students should submit the duly filled from of caste Declaration along with scholarship from.
Government of India Scholarship for Backward class students
All the backward clss student s (SC/ST/NT etc)undertaking approved post S.S.C.course are considered eligible for the GOvT. of india Scholarship as per
GoI Scholarship for other Backward class students.
Students belonging to the castes under OBC are eligible to get the scholarship .
The annual income of the parent should be below Rs.1,00,000/-Other conditions are similar as mentioned in GoI for BC students
Scholarship to orthopedically /Physically handicapped students;
The eligible students can get these scholarship provided they secure 40%marks in the qualifying exam.
Scholarship to the child
- Scholarship to the children of freedom fighters :
The eligible students can apply of this scholarship to Zillah Parishad through the college office.
• Local free studentship :
The students can apply for this scholarship provided the annual income of their parents is ranges between Rs. 4500/- to Rs. 900/- during the preceding year. The last date of filling application form is 1 st August.
• Merit Scholarship to the children of Primary & secondary school teachers:
The Director, Maharashtra state invited application for these scholarships immediately after declaration of SSC/HSC results. The concerned students should apply to him directly, provided they are having satisfactory high percentage of marks in the qualifying exam.
• Merit Scholarship to the children/ wards of Economically Backward Class
( Only for XI std students ) :
The students belonging to EBC category can apply for this scholarship, Provided they have secured minimum 60% marks at SSC exam in first attempt.
• State Govt. Open Merit Scholarship :
The students Securing more than 60% marks at SSC/HSC exam can apply for this scholarship.
• Late Kale foundation Trust Scholarship ( for girl student only ) :
This scholarship of Rs.30/-p.m. is awarded to the students securing highest number of marks in Arts/ Science/ Commerce faculties and who have sought admission to colleges run by Shri Shivaji Education Society, Amravati. In this respect the students who have secured highest number on marks should contact the college office with original mark list and application form.
• Student Aid Fund :
The needy and promising students can get some financial aid form this fund. Regularity in attendance, academic progress and general conduct are some of the criteria for selection. Applications are invited from the desirous and the deserving students.
• Genuinely needy and intelligent students :
Students can get 25% to 50% exemption in tuition fees. For this concession, application in prescribed form is invited. The needy students are posted in library / play ground / non-academic activities as when such temporary services are needed. The student capable of manual labour, are given some job work on the play ground for two to three hours a day.
• Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship for students of Backward Class ( SC ) ( only for XI std. students) :
The students belonging to Back ward classes SC Category can apply for this scholarship, provided they have secured minimum of 75% of marks in the first attempt in S.S. C. exam. Apply on plain paper to the principal before 1st August with zerox copies of original T.C. and Mark list.
• Late Ambadas Lotoba Kasar Scholarship :
Shri Shivaji Education Society Amravati have started this scholarship for the student s belonging to the caste “ KASAR “ from the session 2004-2005. Apply on plain paper to the principal 1st August with zerox copies of original T.C and Mark list.
• Late Darubai Mahore Patil Scholarship :
Shri Shivaji Education Society Amravati have started this scholarship for the girls students securing highest number of marks in the exam for the class Xl to Final degree classes.
Memorial Gold Medals / Prizes ( Sr.College Academic )
• Late Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Memorial Gold Medal :
To be awarded every year to senior college student / (s) of B. Sc. / B.A. / B. Com. Final year, ranked in the merit list of Amravati University exam, from amongst the students of this college.
• Late Kisanrao Ganoji Chaudhary Memorial Prize :
To be awarded every year to one student / (s) of B. Sc. I year, securing the highest number of marks in the subject BOTANY in Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University exam. From amongst the students of this college in first attempt.
• Late Uttamraoji Bhadaji Pocchi Memorial Prize :
To awarded every year to one student / (s) of B. Sc. II year, securing the highest number of marks in the subject BOTANY in Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University exam . From amongst the students of this college in first attempt.
- Late Adv. Rambhauji Raut Memorial Prize :
To be awarded every year to one student (s) from Xii Commerce securing the highest number of marks in aggregate in S.S.C..Board exam. from amongst the student of this college in first attempt.
- Late Nanasaheb Deshmukh Memorial Prize:-
To be awarded every year to one student from xii arts securing the highest number of marks in the subject History in H.S.C. Board exam from amongst the student of this colleges in first attempt.
Late Shaligram Haribhau Hage Memorial Prize:
To be awarded every year to one student from xii Science securing the highest number of marks in the subject Physics in H.S.C.Board exam. from amongst the students of this college in first attempt.
Late Tulshiramji Surdkar Memorial Prize;
To be awarded every year to one student from xii science securing the highest number of marks in the subject Physics H.S.C. Board exam from amongst the students of this college in first attempt
- Memorial Prize extra Memorial Curricular Activities:
N.S.S. - Mr. Narubhau Khedekar Prize:
To beee awarded every year to one student of senior college who perform excellent work through the year under the banner of N.S.S. (National Service Scheme)
N.C.C. - Mr. K,D, Pensionwar & Mr.M.N. Ekade Prize:
To be awarded to one student who attend Republic day parade or thal sainik camp at Delhi as a representative of NCC cadet amongst the studentof NCC.
Sports - Mr. S.K. Bhusari Prize:
To be awarded to one student who wins a color coat of any university including Sant Gadge baba Amravati University at University Level.